Previous post below, before winners were declared….
Although my GlobalWarming Awareness2007 entry was the current number 1 site when the contest ended, they say they will come up with the final results after 24 hours. So to make it official, I guess we will have to wait.
A few things I can say about this contest in my own opinion:
- Content is still king! Good content keep people stay, come back and spread the news in a natural manner.
- Design is still important. Not that it has to be really superb, but at least it does not look bad that people will not trust you nor trust the content of your website. Make it clean and presentable to help drive more traffic, world-of-mouth promotion and more effective website link baiting.
- And SEO is a pay-it-forward type of industry. The more help you give out to other people, the more help you receive when you need it.
SEO contest is a test of oneâ€™s skill to rank for a certain keyphrase in search engines. But the real SEO work is really much more than that. I happy I was able to showcase my skills in this contest and was victorious, but I have high respect for all the other competitors since it was not an easy win. I was still worried and nervous up to the last minute of a come-from-behind win from the other competitors. I would like to add that 20% of my efforts in getting the top spot in this contest were through the help of the many SEO professionals in the Philippines. This win is not completely my win. It is a win of SEOPhilippines. Where competent and skilled SEO professionals are, SEO professionals in the Philippines have high reliability in off-shore SEO outsourcing.
While waiting for the official winner announcement, in the meantime, I have prepared my long list of thank you’s already and tried to make sure I left no one out. Arranged in no particular order, but trying to do it chronological as how I remember it.
SEO Philippines Community
- Jason Torres – RoR,AJAX,PHP,MySQL,XHTML,CSS rich talent.
- Mike Lopez – PHP,MySQL expert
- Whin Clores – Internet Marketing Consultant, On-page Optimization Expert
- Mia Carmel – SEO Cebu, but seems to love programming more.
- Riz Sanchez – SEM, Guitarchic, PinkSEO
- Alfredo Palconit, Jr. – Filipino Web Designer
- Mae Paulino – Designer/Blogger
- Gio Castro – SEO, Link Builder
- Abel Quitoriano – SEO/Designer
- Rostom Hernandez – Expert Domainer
- Eli Tapiador – WickedWP, up and rising SEO.
- Neil Maranan – Kapeng Barako Viral Videos/Website Joker
- Leo Mirabuna – SEO for Newbies
- Philip Tiangson – Monetize Blogger
- Almer Viloria – SEO Blogger, LinkHealer, with an Article Directory and talks about Mayon.
- Jun Macarambon – Our brother from the South, Wyzemoro.
- Andrew Dela Serna – Alleba Blog DotA Allstars Strategy Darn Slick Gadgets
- Roland Lacre – Naypi
- Muller Tambis – IT Consultant
- Zaldy Dalisay – Major Kontrapelo – Online Money Maker
- Mito Pontillas – SEO, Link Building Expert
- Marvin Arceo – SEO Pinoy
- Marhgil Macuha – SEO contest winner, blogger
- Marc Macalua – Mr. SEO Philippines
- Elimar Apao – Jozzua on Pinoy Entrepenuershi
SEO Friends in San Diego
- Mikhail Tuknov – SEO/PPC/New Media Manager – Astone Agency
- Jesse Morgan – Web Designer/Developer
- Mike McCarthy – Web Designer
- Shawn Hilt – Web Designer
Services I got from our friends on Digital Point
- Mas Dini Muzammal – Blog Poster from Malayasia
- Arvind Srivastava – Manual Directory Sumissions from India
- Col Crawford – Blog Poster, SEO
I did not ask for the services of other friends in India Robin Gupta’s Directory Submission, Sunil Submitshop in this contest but these two guys are cool tool. They helped me out in earlier contest I joined with their services.
If ever this list is incomplete and I failed to remember you, sorry, I’m just human, it’s sometimes hard to remember everyone.
I did a backlink check as well to help remember some people. I will not mention diggers and people that fell for my link baits since I really don’t know you anyway. *LOL* And for those that added my site to the Cialis and Viagra sites all on different domains that all looked the same, I don’t know if you were helping me or doing the opposite. *LOL* Peace out guys. I understand that competitions are really like that.
Of course thanks to my family and people in my company who were patient with me as I went through the contest as well. I love you all.