You still have time for your last minute holiday shopping. If you think that will just make you spend some more money, check some online discounts you can get with coupons. Me being an electronics/computer guy, I think I will use one of the Best Buy coupons myself at www.couponchief.com. It’s still not too late for your holiday shopping!
- Finish all client projects – Probably one of the toughest, but I will push through with it.
- Answer client calls – I still have many pending issues, either by email, voicemail, or our support ticket system. Projects are overwhelming and just taking over the time of everything.
- Fix up room – Due to all client projects, this is what is also delaying everything else in my life.
- Greet everyone – I am not done with all my Christmas greetings. It is still a long way to go but I have partially sent all my ecards already.
- Get back in shape – Especially in cardiovascular endurance. It is more of a psychological war to me than a physical limitation since I tend to compare myself to my physical abilities in the past when I was competitive in various sports and I tend to compare what I can do before and what can I do today and this has depleted over time. Which sets frustrations in. Unlike if I was just starting and was unaware of my past, it would be easier.
- Concentrate on customer support – I am considering on adding a good CRM system, and concentrate more of the production processes than doing production itself.
- Develop production teams – And since I am not going to concentrate on production, I will develop production teams of my own. Sometimes I can never be contented with the code and I am strict with the code. So hopefully, I get to find the right people to do it that has nice and clean code.
- Fix computers – Basically my workstations, I have 1 windows PC running and 1 laptop, both on dual monitors. My Mac is temporarily not used because of the convenience I get with dual monitors on my PC and I have no monitor for the Mac. I have 2 more PCs that are not running that I will fix where one will be my Linux workstation and the other I will give away or sell.
- Sell printers, scanners and photocopier and maybe my fax machine too – I will buy a 4-in-1 color laser printer, copier, scanner fax machine probably, it will be a space saver in my small office-home office setup.
- File management – if my room is a mess, so are some of my files. And have a better organized backup system.
- Watch more movies – Mainly not for recreation, but awareness of trends. Awareness of the market. I will just probably sign up with Netflicks and watch at home.
- Attend tradeshows – This can be expensive, so I will probably just attend 2 or 3. I am targeting Search Engine Strategies, Search Marketing Expo and maybe Webmaster World’s Pubcon.
- Go to church more often – Although I have my own meaning of the church, my own definitions, my own belief, I believe I am not in conflict with the teachings. I may even augment and strengthen my faith, but if I share it with others, it might just confuse other people and they will say I am weird or something. So i do not share my belief, but my belief is basically having my religion entangled with science and they are actually united in a way and are not divided as some people may think.
- Get a new video camera – The Internet is all about video next year. More Internet marketing activities will involve a lot of rich media, so I need a video camera, and will start working on some video editing skills, and if time permits it, try working with some animations as well.
- Get a new lens for my digital camera – Maybe a lens with a better aperture and some F-stops and will try to do some magic with my amateur photography skills.
- Speaking engagements – Will probably talk more in mini shows, mini conventions, small training seminars I can arrange. Probably both in the US and in the Philippines.
- Buy some VOIP hardware setup – This is for better customer support as I will have someone dedicated to work for me on the other end of the world for my US customers, who can also immediately implement some technical help needed. With this setup, which I do not plan to abuse also, but I can use after office hours for cheaper calls to my family by installing a VOIP gateway as well on the other end.
So far I only have those to do. Maybe even more but I haven’t planned it out that well yet. Let’s see.
Actually Santa Clause did not wear red and had no specific color and was often dressed up in red, blue, green, or purple. Until a Boston printer named Louis Prang introduced the English custom of Christmas cards to America, and in 1885 he issued a card featuring a red-suited Santa. This version of Santa was then starting to replace all other colored Santa Clauses.
Although some people believe the red Santa Clause was made by the Coca Cola Corporation, this is not true, although Coke helped in making the red Santa Clause the more ubiquitous as they used the red Santa Clause in their marketing campaigns as early as the 1930s. And that kind of closed the choices of colors and red is already like the uninanimous known color of Santa Clause.
I wonder what would have happened if an artist kept using other colors and Pepsi would be the first one to use Santa Clause massively in their marketing campaigns? A blue Santa would emerge?
Here is a video greeting by people I used to work with. I guess all we need is a blue Santa to brighten up our day.
Coke and Pepsi are registered trademarks of their respective companies. Benj Arriola thinks the people working at Geary Interactive are cool. Benj Arriola is no longer connected in anyway to Geary Interactive except for maintaining friendship with the people that work there.
Colors on Santa Clause if Pepsi was first to use Santa Clause in their marketing campaigns is just my personal opinion and do not reflect the opinions of any company mentioned, nor their management, staff and employees.
If you are ever going to go to Scottsdale Arizona, I recommended you checking out the Rawhide theme park that gives you are feel of the 1880’s. If you like this area, maybe it would even be great to live in Scottsdale too! I believe Scottsdale Realtors would agree that the real estate there is not as crazy as San Diego.
All day, the PINKS marathon on SpeedTV. See some of the Drag Racing Clips of PINKS. You race and if you lose, you lose your ride as well. Tough race but these drag races are all prepared for it. On November 23, 2006, watch PINKS marathon followed by the premier of PINKS on SpeedTV.com.
This post sponsored by Speedtv.com.
I first noticed this from my nephew, Alan Go. My late dad came from a family of 10 brothers and sisters so you can expect me to have cousins that are way older than me. And Alan Go was the son of my older cousins so me and Alan did not really have our ages too far apart. During out BMX years, when fixing bicycles, I noticed Alan when tightening a bolt, or exerting some physical effort, his lips go near to his gums and shows his teeth and the sides of his mouth stretch as if he was going to smile, be he is not smiling. And it is in perfect sync with his physical effort. The more physical effort needed, like when he opens a tight bottle, the more his lips go into that certain position.
I notice this early in other people, and I barely noticed myself, and when I started paying attention to myself, I have another mannerism, where when I exert some physical effort, my lips roll inward and in some occassions, my tongue partially goes out. I also noticed I do not only do this with physical effort, but with mental effort as well like when I am thinking hard on some computer program, or solving whatever PC problem I may have.
When I told this to my wife, she told me about her dad. That his lips keep moving in this certain manner, which I also observed and indeed, it does move when he is exerting some effort.
You think we’re all weird? Well Michael Jordan always takes out his tongue when going for a dunk. Sometimes even just for a lay-up, he takes out his tongue already. We are all weird. 😀
I remember there was a time when I was riding the MRT which is one of the public transport elevated electrical city trains in the area where I used to go to college. Someone suddenly tapped my shoulder and was asking how I am like he knew me already.
I was still puzzled who I was talking to, until I finally remembered who. He was Alex, who was someone I know from highschool. I was surprised how taller he was and in highschool he was way way smaller, real small. And the big difference was just so great I had no idea who I was talking to at first.
How can someone grow so fast so large? I myself am puzzled, but all I know Alex worked his way to be tall. He was really looking for all remedies that he can do and a friend of ours mention he once accompanied Alex to buy some Chinese growth balls and all these other stuff stretching stuff.
Technology of today is a bit more advanced now. There are known Human Growth Hormones (HGH) such as Sytropin HGH. Sytropin is an advanced blend of HGH, L-group amino acids, and Growth Factors that help you look, feel and perform at your best. This can be purchased without a prescription and has well documented positive results.
So those that want to get a few more inches added to their height that may even simply boost their self esteem, there are many options to do. They do not really just make you grow like magic, they simply enhance the growth process.
I am not really into Basketball, I do not play the sport and I grew up in the BMX world and Martial Arts. Although I always watch college basketball games when I was in college. That was always fun for me. Now that I have already graduated from college long time ago, I still try to keep up to date sometimes. I go to UAAPGames to be up-to-date. But this is only news that already happened and it would be nice to see it live. Now that I am in the US, a web-cast would be great. If the Philippine Web Awards can do it, and also the last Manny Paquiao fight, I also watched it online. The Atlantic Coast Conference does this on ACC Sports, they have a live web-cast of the games and their most watch sport is soccer. The most watch soccer game is between Maryland at Wake Forest. Now, if the UAAP can do the same, I’d probably watch their games too.
Actually I like watching all kinds of car racing, from F1, to Rally, to NASCAR, I must say I am a bit bored with Indy 500 since it keeps going in the same direction in an oval. At least NASCAR has some lefts and rights and not only left. Not that I am saying NASCAR is better than Indy 500. It is just my personally preference.
Hmmm, I do not clean my car that often as some other people do. And actually a dirty car can be cool. Here is a dirty van with some added coolness to the dirtyness.